Anchor & Orbit's
Four Month Course / Workshop / Kick in the Pants
Applications are open through September 8th — Zero commitment application.
Anchor & Orbit, established in 2013, has worked with 80+ businesses and their owners.
(That's 20-30 clients a year! Wow!)
Our work is varied:
- Project type — productivity, financial strategies, growth plans, launches, sales strategies, and systems (and more!)
- Industry — beverage, ceramic, graphic design, interior design, photography, gallery, wood, writer (and more!)
- Business owner — likes to work at night, likes to work at 5am, likes hot coffee, likes iced coffee ... you get it.
Why are you running this workshop / course?
We love working one-on-one, but this option isn't for everyone - financially, logistically, or emotionally. What broke our hearts was seeing people who wanted to take the leap, but weren't in the place to take on a consulting package.
There must be a better way!
We agree! So we created a system that would give them an opportunity to participate and grow, but more independently. Each person and business are different, but we know the aspects of businesses that consistently need attention.
- Strengthen the essential parts of your business like productivity planning, goal outlines, financial growth plans, and general business-running systems
- Give you exercises that aren't busy work, but definitely work
- Find opportunity for growth and a happier day-to-day life
- Remember your strengths and help you stay true to your individual routines and needs
- Create & compile information that is accessible, approachable, and applicable
We start with general information about a subject, move on to details and fine-tune with assignments and follow-up information. The subjects and work along with it can be taken as far and as deep as you’d like.
Who is this for?
The beauty of this course, and the information it provides, is the layered content. The participants have control over how much time they spend on each subject and are given the opportunity to deep dive, skim, or return to prior assignments. Overall, each type of person that participates thrives by dedicating time away from their usual routine. This new focus aids in growth & transformation.
Independent business owner | in full swing
- You are a seasoned business owner who needs an emotional / best practices re-boot
- You’re in a growth phase, and you want help getting to the next level
- You love what you do, but feel a little tired and lost
- Things aren’t kicking in the way you had hoped they would this year, and you want to figure out why
What you will get:
An opportunity to look at your business as a whole, create space for growth, and expand your understanding of who you are and what you’d like to become
New business owneR | Learning the ropes
- New independent businesses who were just starting to make waves, and need concentrated perspective to grow
- You’re on your way! And this is one of your first big investment in your business
- You feel like your day-to-day could be fine-tuned, but you’re not sure how
- Setting up your business for long-term success is your priority
What you will get:
An overview of best practices and examples of how other businesses are running and implementing systems for their long-term sustainability and growth so you can implement and strengthen.
Potential business owner | Curious & Excited
- This business owning world is a mystery that you want to solve!
- You’re almost ready to take the leap, but you want to be sure that you’re setting yourself up for success
What you will get:
Some of the material won’t feel relevant to you, but it will be one day! These are reference tools you can keep and use forever.
Applications are open until May 26th — 20 spots available. Zero commitment application.
How does the course work?
This course is meant for all kinds of business owners. In your monthly, 45-minute session with Sarah you will discuss your assignments and customize the materials, so they’re serving your goals
Resource Documents —
These weekly materials set you up with the subject, materials, and complimentary research. They’re a mixture of the investigation from our favorite resources, first-hand experience, explanations of tools, inspirational quotes, and more. These are meant to guide your perspective on the subject and help broaden your thoughts about business and your trajectory.
Paired with the resource documents, these videos walk you through the materials & assignments. Learning styles differ, and this provides a new way to hear the information. Plus, Sarah will give extra stories and tips on how to use the resources and assignments to your advantage.
These assignments are built to help you implement & expand your understanding of the resource information. Filled with questions and ideas, they'll help you decipher what you want and helps us, the course leaders, implement this into your daily life.
Office hours —
Digital office hours with Sarah! This will be in the form of a forum where you can write questions and she will answer via video chat. The transcript will be available and distributed. You learn from other's questions & be inspired to ask your own.
Email Access —
Stuck? Have a question that can’t wait until the forum? Need some words of encouragement? We’re here for you. If the answer deserves more time than an email can give, we'll make sure to cover your questions in the forum or one-on-one.
Subjects we cover
Prepare & orient
Section ONe |
Discovery: strengths, weaknesses, goals
Section TWO |
Systems: goal planning
Systems: financial cashflow
Section THRee |
Analysis: your market
Section FOUR |
Apply: marketing strategies
Systems: overview & fine-tune
Zero commitment application.
My clients are very happy …
Sarah has been a guiding light to our company. I feel like we knew a lot of the things we COULD be doing to grow our business and structure it properly, but she's done an incredible job showing us the select few things we SHOULD be doing. — Eric Parnell, The NW Collective
I love Sarah's response time, friendliness, frankness and thinking as a small business needs. — James Tucker, The Aesthetic Union
We talked about how to get more people in the door! We talked about how to make the event itself better to inspire those who did attend to come back. We talked about branding and my online presence. Sarah’s presence is very friendly and inspiring. I have seen results! My student base is steadily growing, I got a business partner, and we are applying what I learned from you to continue to grow our business. — Katie Colver, Showga Oakland